Longing for a fabulous beach vacation but don’t have the funds? No worries! Just visit one of these 10 beaches located right here in Colorado. (No, I’m not joking; land-locked Colorado is indeed home to some must-visit beaches.)
1. Cherry Creek State Park (Aurora)
This "toasted" trio has the right idea. The swim beach at Cherry Creek State Park is the perfect place to lay out and tan.
2. The Beach at Grand Lake (Grand Lake)
As someone who has frequented this picturesque beach many a time, I can vouch for both its popularity and epic waterside opportunities.
3. Little Medano Creek (Great Sand Dunes National Park)
After hiking the fun yet grueling Great Sand Dunes, there is no better place to cool off than this shallow stream of cold water.
4. Chatfield State Park (Littleton)
Not only does Chatfield have a sandy beach for man, but for man's best friend as well!
5. The Rock Canyon Swim Beach at Lake Pueblo State Park (Pueblo)
Southern Colorado's favorite place to take a dip? The beach at Lake Pueblo State Park, of course!
6. Jackson Lake State Park (Orchard)
You never know who (or what) you're going to see at Jackson Lake. Bring the kids and see for yourself.
7. Steamboat Lake State Park (Clark)
Laying out on the sand not your thing? No problem! Grab your paddleboard, boat, etc., and hit the waters at Steamboat Lake.
8. Boulder Reservoir (Boulder)
Moms and dads love relaxing along the shores of Boulder Reservoir while their children safely play in the designated swimming area.. Perfect summer day? I think so!
9. Ridgway State Park (Ridgway)
Staff at Ridgway worked hard last week to get the beach all prepared for this summer season... and now that it's all set up and ready, they invite you to come over and enjoy.
10. Rocky Mountain Beach (Denver)
No time to escape the hustle and bustle of the big city? No problem! Just head over to Denver's very own Rocky Mountain Beach and take a dip.