Where my small town Coloradoans at?! If you had a graduating class of <100, learned to drive on the interstate and never missed a home football game, today’s article is for you! Here are 14 things you know to be true if you went to a small high school in Colorado:
1. Your picture was featured in the local newspaper more times than you can count.
I don't want to count because then I'd have to relive all of those awkward moments...
2. You know that South Park is a real place because your football team played them every fall.
...and they probably beat them. (Sorry, SP!)
3. Your HS BFF was rodeo queen during your senior year.
...and you HATED her for it!
4. You fought tooth and nail to keep the juniors from finding the outhouse.
Somehow they would ALWAYS find it and have it back just in time for the homecoming bonfire.
5. You know the name of literally every student and teacher at the school...
And they knew yours.
6. ...as well as the names of their parents (or children, in the case of teachers), siblings, pastors and 5th cousins.
And they knew yours.
7. You were completely unphased by seeing somebody ride their horse to school.
It was probably just one of the FFA kids.
8. You know what FFA actually stands for.
You still know the Creed like the back of your hand.
9. The ENTIRE town turned out for the pre-prom grand march.
Why, you ask? So they could whisper to one another which dresses they liked best and share the latest gossip!
10. When the prom DJ played a line dance, EVERYONE danced.
Remind me to tell you sometime about the "Cotton-eyed Joe" incident from my junior prom.
11. You had to make a special trip to Denver or to the Springs to buy your back-to-school clothes.
The local Alco could only do so much. #RIPAlco
12. Your Friday nights (during the fall) were pre-planned...
Gotta love those Friday night lights!
13. ...as were your Saturday nights (during winter).
DRIBBLE THE DANG BALL!
14. And last, but certainly not least; you wouldn't trade the memories you made for anything in the world!
Thanks for the memories, *your school here*!
What are some of your favorite small town high school memories? Tell me in the comments!