Is there anything better than spending your morning with delicious smells, relaxing tunes and coffee that goes down smooth? No, there isn’t; as coffeehouses are the best thing since sliced bread. Lucky for us, Colorado is home to wonderful locally owned coffee shops, including:
1. Ziggi's Coffee (Several Colorado Locations)
This locally owned chain features not only delicious coffees, but a convenient drive-thru for those who need their caffeine fix on the go!
2. The Bean Coffeehouse & Eatery (Gunnison)
A full menu of tasty drinks, pastries and breakfast burritos await you at this local favorite!
3. Higher Grounds Cafe (Golden)
After a long day of classes, Mines students want nothing more than to escape to "Higher Grounds"--and who can blame them?!
4. Fahrenheit Coffee Roasters (Mancos)
I would wake up early any day for just a sip of this freshly roasted mocha with homemade dark chocolate syrup and organic whole milk!
5. Mission Coffee Roasters and Cafe (Colorado Springs)
Mission's Mission is simple; serve really good coffee in a cozy, family-friendly space. Mission accomplished, Mission!
6. Everyday Joe's Coffee House (Fort Collins)
Everyday Joe's ain't your every day coffeehouse. In fact, Everyday Joe's is run by volunteers who strive to benefit and serve their community. Stop in some time for an intimate concert, children's story time and other unique event.
7. Nixon's Coffee House (Englewood)
It's a coffeehouse; it's a cafe; it's your new go-to hangout spot!
8. Milagros Coffee House (Alamosa)
Milagros Coffee is a wonderful cafe that serves community members in need of shelter, food, or outreach services through coffee sales.
9. Coaltrain Coffeehouse (Hotchkiss)
Hop on the Coaltrain and you'll find decadent drinks, treats and gifts for everyone you know. (Even you!)
10. Roostercat Coffee House (Denver)
I can hear the overhead sounds of Norah Jones and Frank Sinatra already...Perfection!!!