The year 2015 is coming to an end and it’s time to decide on a new year’s resolution. If you are looking to broaden your horizons and explore new places in 2016, you will definitely want to follow this ultimate Colorado bucket list.
1. Be in more than one place at once.
In the past, you may have felt like you've needed to be in four places at once--but have you ever accomplished it? At the Four Corners, you can! Located in the southwest corner of Colorado, you can skip through the Centennial State, New Mexico, Arizona and Utah, and experience what it's really like to be in four places at once!
2. Travel back in time on the old Kit Carson County Carousel.
As we mentioned
, the historic 1905 carousel, located in Burlington, is a nostalgic gem that the entire family will enjoy!
3. Take in the glorious Maroon Bells for an entire hour.
Need further proof that Colorado is the most beautiful state of them all? I give you the Maroon Bells.
4. Cruise along the Million Dollar Highway.
After parting ways with the Maroon Bells, make your way down the San Juan Skyway to what has been called the "most beautiful drive in America."
5. Hop aboard the Royal Gorge Route Railroad.
Enjoying a meal, murder mystery, or just a good old fashioned ride along the gorgeous Royal Gorge granite cliffs is something that everyone should be required to do (at least) once!
6. Choke down your food while being entertained by daring cliff divers.
It might not be the most pleasant of experiences, but by golly, everyone has to visit Casa Bonita at least once!
7. Soar high in the sky on the Telluride & Mountain Village Gondola.
You CANNOT beat this view and you CANNOT beat "free", so choose anytime of day to hop aboard this scenic mode of transportation.
8. Soak away all of your cares at the hot springs.
Pick one of Colorado's nearly 30 hot springs locations and feel all your stresses melt away... AAAHH.
9. Drink, bike and unknowingly burn calories whilst riding around LoDo with 16 of your closest friends.
Ain't no Rockies pre-gaming like party bike pre-gaming!
10. Ice climb in Ouray.
If rock climbing is your jam, wait until you experience this whole new ball game at one of the premier ice climbing venues in the world.
11. Dive off a 200-foot cliff.
Y.O.L.O... so why not dive into a canyon at 100 miles per hour at the famed Cave of the Winds?
12. Take a hike to the picturesque Crystal Mill.
It may be five miles each way, but it is WELL worth it!
13. Work up a sweat on the Rocks.
Enjoy doing cardio? Or is calming yoga more your thing? No matter your preference, Red Rocks has an exercise class for you! Imagine getting in a workout surrounded by breathtaking views... I can already feel the burn!
14. Get buzzed at the Great American Beer Festival.
Hosted by the Brewers Association, the Great American Beer Festival is a hops lover's dream come true with samples of more than 2,000 different American beers. Tip: Order your tickets early because they go FAST. Cheers!
15. Gaze at the Garden of the Gods.
Spend an afternoon with the one of the landmarks that make Colorado even more beautiful!