Believe it or not, these strange mandates were a part of the Arkansas law books at one point in time. Sure, the Natural State has its fair share of jokers and oddballs, but isn’t it weird to think you could be arrested for violating one of these off-the-wall Arkansas laws?
8. It's illegal for the Arkansas River to rise above the Main Street Bridge in Little Rock.
Shame on you, Arkansas River. The LRPD's going to haul you in & you know the judges here don't play around.
7. There's a law on the books that says Arkansas teachers can't receive a raise if they bob their hair.
There seems to be no word on whether or not these teachers would be fired if ever caught dancing the Charleston.
6. A man cannot legally beat his wife for more than a month according to the old Arkie lawbooks.
A constant assault on a loved one over the course of 4 weeks can be considered excessive and merits at least some regulating...
5. It's illegal in Arkansas to honk your horn at a sandwich shop after 9 pm.
This is likely because most of them are closed at this point & you'd be disturbing the peace...and you still wouldn't get a sandwich.
4. It's illegal to yell at your children at a drive-in an Arkansas restaurant.
This law is definitely archaic, as you'll find if you go to any central Arkansas fast food restaurant on any given weekend.
3. It is illegal to kill "any living creature" in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
If that goes for mosquitoes then we're in trouble this summer. Watch your step, Fayetteville.
2. Flirtation between men & women on the streets of Little Rock could result in an up to 30-day jail sentence.
If this law were still upheld there'd be paddywagons full of arrested Lotharios and sweethearts traveling through the River Market every Friday & Saturday night.
1. No one may suddenly stop or start their car at a Little Rock McDonalds.
If you've seen the McD's on Brodway and the awkward way it's set up, well, this law kind of makes sense.
Have you heard of any other weird Arkansas laws from the past? You don’t have to share whether or not you got busted for said law, but please do share in the comment section below some other weird legalities from the Natural State!