Arizona March 08, 2016
10 Ways You Can Always Spot Someone From Arizona… No Matter Where They Are
Think that person you spot at an out-of-state burger joint or on a cruise may be from Arizona? Here are a few clues that may point you in the right direction:
1. They have tan lines, both intentional and not. When you live somewhere with this much daily sunshine, it's difficult to avoid.
2. They own more than one pair of sunglasses.
Sometimes you forget them and sometimes you just need variety.
3. Native Phoenicians wear jackets when the temperatures dip below 70 degrees.
4. They may be wearing gear from their favorite state university: ASU, UofA, or NAU.
5. They are not wilting from the heat.
Humidity, though? I don't think so.
6. They automatically look for a shady spot to park, even on a chilly winter day.
7. Chances are they react to precipitation with a moment of amazement.
8. They might opt to drive instead of take public transportation.
9. They will have some serious opinions about the quality of another state's Mexican food.
That doesn't mean they won't eat it, but why bother?
10. They don't freak out over seeing someone open carry.
11. They don't hesitate to add spice to a meal.
Would you add Tapatio to your Takis?
12. They kind of freak out at the number of bugs found in other states.
The only swarms I approve of are swarms of butterflies.
What are some other clues that may help you figure out whether someone is from Arizona or not?