Arizona March 29, 2016
10 Things You Must Know About Dating Someone From Arizona
Is love in the air for you? If you find yourself starting to fall head over heels for an Arizonan, you might want to consider some of these dating tips for your fledgling relationship.
1. First things first. If you're serious about someone in Arizona, know that at some point you WILL end up moving to our state and staying. Even long after the relationship is over.
2. What would a normal date look like? Well, you should probably expect to participate in plenty of outdoorsy activities such as hiking or camping.
3. You should probably also expect to go shooting. There's nothing that stirs romance quite like the smell of gunpowder.
4. Depending on where in the state your sweetie is from, a night out might look like this:
5. Or like this:
6. Expect your sweetie to give you a personal tour of all the beautiful sights Arizona has to offer.
April H/Email submission
7. Food is a must. Arizonans will also show you all the best places to get food—both what's considered traditional Arizona fare and plenty of other cuisines.
8. Just don't take them to the wrong taco joint.
Why waste your prime dining years eating this when you can have the food in #7? (That is not a metaphor for your dating life, FYI. Unless you want it to be.)
9. About 1 in 5 Arizonans speak a second language, so if you don't want to miss out on all the laughs when meeting their family, you may want to consider learning the language.
Spanish and Navajo are the two most commonly spoken after English. Lucky for you, these two are offered at plenty of local colleges.
10. It's also important to know that most Arizonans have a tough, often prickly demeanor (much like a prickly pear cactus) but deep down, we're deeply loving and caring people.
What other tips would you give lovebirds, especially when it comes to dating an Arizonan?