The countdown to Christmas has begun! The holidays are in full swing and Arizona is the perfect place to celebrate it. Here are just a few reasons why:
1. We get the best of both worlds when it comes to winter weather, such as a snowy wonderland in the northern country...
2. ...or the mild, sweater weather in the southern portions of the state.
A jacket and hat comes in handy for the evenings but sometimes you don't even need it.
3. This also means traveling over the river and through the woods to visit family on Christmas isn't a big pain.
4. We can still do fun, outdoorsy activities around Christmas. Despite the cooler temperatures, the weather is almost always still inviting.
Go out for a run, a hike, explore!
5. Why, yes, we Arizonans can certainly make an actual snowman on the Rim or in Flagstaff.
6. But sometimes tumbleweed and other stereotypical desert-y structures are fun, too.
For those unaware, this is the Tumbleweed Christmas Tree at Tumbleweed Park in Chandler. Check it out!
7. We can do this.
8. Tamales. If your family doesn't eat them for Christmas dinner, consider adding it to the menu.
By the way, the Food City Tamale Festival is happening this weekend in downtown Phoenix. Show up early if you want to actually eat some tasty and unique tamales. Or don't. That leaves more for me. 🙂
9. Incredibly fresh, Arizona grown citrus this time of year is amazing.
What better way to start Christmas morning than with a cup of fresh-squeezed Arizona orange juice!
10. We have two official Christmas towns: Santa Claus and Christmas.
Ha ha, just kidding, no one visits those anymore.
11. But we really do have a Christmas town: Prescott.
12. Our towns—large and small—really get into the decorations, music, and festivities, which helps the season to feel like Christmas no matter the weather outside.
Can you think of any other reasons the holidays are best spent in Arizona? If you typically celebrate Christmas in lovely Arizona, what are some unique traditions you have?