Alabama July 06, 2015
13 Things You’ll Remember If You Grew Up In The 80s In Alabama
Growing up in Alabama during the 80s was AWESOME! Even though some of the fads were a bit on the crazy side, the 80s produced some of the BEST toys, movies, music and electronics EVER! If you grew up in Alabama during the 80s, here are 13 things you’ll probably remember:
1. A trip to McDonalds was the GREATEST thing EVER!!!
2. Some of the most sought-after toys were Cabbage Patch Kids...
GI Joe Action Figures...
and Care Bears.
3. You probably thought you'd be driving vehicles that looked EXACTLY like these when you grew up:
4. You continuously begged your parents for the brand new Nintendo game system and spent hours upon hours playing it.
5. You wore your collection of Swatch watches not necessarily to tell time, but because they looked really COOL!
6. Saturday mornings usually consisted of eating this and watching back-to-back cartoons until your parents finally made you go outside.
7. You always got SUPER EXCITED whenever you heard the book fair was coming to your school.
8. Because of The Cosby Show, tacky sweaters were all the rage during the 80s. Throw in some neon and you've got 80s perfection!
9. The 80s consisted of many crazy hairstyles such as mullets...
side pony tails...
and crimped hair.
10. Many of you sat around all night just to record your favorite song off the radio.
11. While growing up during the 80s, most of you probably would've done anything for the chance to compete on a Nickelodeon game show.
12. You LOVED renting movies from your local video store and watching them on the family television set. Most every household had a VCR during the 80s.
13. You spent many afternoons biking around the neighborhood with your friends.
If you grew up in Alabama during the 80s, what are some of your fondest memories? Feel free to share in the comments below!