Alabama October 08, 2015
10 Undeniable Reasons Why The World Wouldn’t Be The Same Without Alabama
Alabama is a wonderful state, but have you ever sat back and thought about what the world would be like if this wonderful state didn’t exist? It would be VERY DIFFERENT to say the least, and here are 10 undeniable reasons why:
1. On July 20,1969, the Saturn V rocket sent the first Americans to the moon. This rocket was built in Huntsville, Alabama at Marshall Space Flight Center. If Alabama didn't exist, the history of space exploration wouldn't have been the same.
2. Without the state of Alabama, college football wouldn't be near as much fun!
3. Had it not been for Alabama, driving would be much more dangerous. After all, Alabama is responsible for the invention of windshield wipers.
4. Oh, and the invention of the airbag also came from Alabama.
5. You've seen them in larger cities like San Francisco, but you might not be aware that the world's first electric trolley system was introduced in Montgomery, Alabama. Had it not been for this special type of transportation, there would've been a lot of walking across town. Automobiles weren't around back then (1886).
6. The Super Soaker was also invented in Alabama. I can't imagine what my childhood would've been like without my Super Soaker. I had a blast with it! This popular toy was invented in 1989, and it's been ranked among the world's top 20 best-selling toys every year since its release.
7. Without Alabama, the world wouldn't know Helen Keller - the "First Lady of Courage."
8. Are you a fan of vinyl records? The vinyl material used to make records is another great Alabama invention. Without this invention from Alabama, vinyl records might not have ever happened.
9. Alabama's Gulf Coast beaches are absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I can't imagine living in a world without them.
10. Without Alabama, where would all of the lost airline luggage go? Unclaimed Baggage Center, located in Scottsboro, is the only lost airline luggage store in the world. It's also a popular tourist destination.
Are there any other reasons why the world wouldn’t be the same without Alabama? If so, please share them with us in the comments below!